Mashable asks, “Are we coming to the end of SEO?”
And we whole heartedly answer, “Yes.” Yes, that is if you consider SEO a way of gaming Google to get your site ranked near the top of the page. Yes, if you consider stuffing your meta tags with keywords as SEO. Yes, if you think keyword density in your copy can trick your way to number one.
It all comes down to what you believe search engine optimization is all about.
Merriam-Webster’s Dictionary defines Optimization as: an act, process, or methodology of making something (as a design, system, or decision) as fully perfect, functional, or effective as possible.
So we want a website that is fully perfect, functional or effective as possible. Who makes that determination? Who are you are optimizing the website for? Do you create a beautiful website for people to use, navigate easily though and ultimately come away with the product or information they needed. Or, do you create a website for a machine/spider that tricks the search engine into popping your website high up in the rankings, but that users ultimately hate and run away / bounce from after the first click?
At Stanton Street – we’ve never tried to game the search engines. We always considered SEO a part of the website from the ground up, not just the window dressing. We built websites for people, not for search engines. Our brand of SEO starts with:
- A solid site architecture and structure that follows the World Wide Web Consortium’s international standards
- Search engine friendly URLs that have words instead of numbers
- Website copy that is relevant, informative and original
- Navigation that is intuitive with no duplicate pages
- Necessary meta tags are short and to the point
- Search engines are notified of all relevant pages on the site
- Search engine webmaster tools are monitored for any issues that might arise
- Old pages are redirected to the most relevant page on the site
- Measurement of website effectiveness
We don’t do SEO tricks. We do solid websites. Nice that Google seems to have adopted our philosophy into their algorithm!
If you want Net Results for your website, you know where to find us!